Detroit Zoo

Last weekend, I went to the Detroit Zoo with my in-laws, sister-in-laws, brother-in-law and baby niece!  It was my sister-in-law, Julie's idea to go!  It ended up being a beautiful fall day.  

To make it interesting though, I actually had to use a wheel chair while I was there since I had just sprained my ankle less than a week ago.  The zoo is really a great place to go in a wheelchair as it is very handicap accessible.  Everything had ramps and limited stairs.  I really appreciated that as my loving husband had to push me around the zoo!

We made it to most of the big exhibits.  I really enjoyed the "new" Australian animal exhibit.  It was so cool to walk through the exhibit with NO fences!  A Wallaby hopped right in front of our path!  I felt like a kid again with how cool that seemed!

One of my biggest gripes about the zoo though is that when you arrive, you had to pay for parking.  I think that is quite silly as it is in the suburbs and there really are very few places you could walk there from!  Just charge me an extra dollar in my admission and I would not be left with a sour taste in my mouth when arriving!

Time spent in zoo: 4 hours
Times visited: 2+
Overall: B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum