Art Gallery of Ontario

I have been working in Toronto and ended up traveling to Toronto early on Sunday.  I wanted to check in the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO).  It has been on the list for a while!

It is quite a large museum with a number of different of galleries within.  I tried to see most of the major ones.  I thought the medieval art was just beautiful.  They had a number of the prayer beads as well -- I could not believe how detailed they are.  My hands would be too clumsy for that.  This is one of the items below -- how intricate is it!


 AGO is also known for their collection of model boats.  They are done to scale.  They range from Mayflower-esque ships to freight liners to military boats.  They had been bequeathed this collection -- they were fascinating.  The detail was extraordinary.


Some of the modern art was too much for me.  One of the pieces of art was submersed in the lake and surprise, the art was decaying!

The AGO gift shop was fantastic.  I really enjoyed my visit.  I wish I had waited to eat to get an opportunity to try their restaurant.

Time spent in museum: 2 hrs
Times visited: 1
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum