Cincinnati Art Museum

Over the last week, I had the opportunity to go the Cincinnati Art Museum not once, but twice.  My sister, brother-in-law and their two children were in town twice in a week.  

The first visit -- I thought we would visit the Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion.  They have a section of the exhibit that allow the kids the ability to touch the clothes and see the fabulous exotic garments.  My nephew really liked talking about what they were made of and what they reminded him of.  The shoes (which I had missed the first time I went to the exhibit) were also a topic of much conversation.  He spoke about how tall they were, how difficult they would be to walk in, again, what they were made of.  He even pontificated on which ones he thought my mother/his grandmother would like best.  

As you can suspect with a five year old in an art museum, he did get distracted eventually.  I remembered the children's room, which as I obviously had never been to.  Wow!  What a treasure.  Unfortunately, the 3D printer had just finished.  It did seem like the room was total chaos, but at the end of a bitter cold Friday, I was not surprised.  There were coloring pages, pipe cleaners, light pixels, books and on and on.  

So given that, you can somewhat suspect what the reaction was when we told my nephew we were headed back there.  We could barely keep up with him when we arrived.  We were the first ones in the room.  He bee lined back to that room and got to see the first sweep of the 3D printer.  I was pretty excited by it as well.  We spent over an hour in that room.  It was clean and tidy.  My just turned three year old niece loved it as well.  My nephew also wanted to return to the Asian "touch and hear" exhibit that he had visited the time before.  He remembers so much of it.  

Times visited: 5 & 6
Time in museum: 1 & 2.5 hr
Overall: B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library