The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology


I was recently in Ann Arbor for a week attending Executive Education at Michigan Ross, which was a wonderful experience.  As part of the training, they took us to the Kelsey Museum in Ann arbor for dinner.  But of course, we had to work/spent time contemplating to earn our keep (aka our dinner).  We were let loose in the museum with the charge of finding an artifact that reflected our leadership style. 

I really enjoyed our visit to the museum and re-iterate a number of my earlier comments about the museum.  The museum chair has done a really nice job at making the museum approachable, edited and relevant. 

I had not realized what a large collection it is.  The curator has been part of an amazing number of digs.  The woman introducing him a number of pretty great statistics about the size and importance of the collection.    

I ended up using a carving of an archer to represent my leadership.  The archers are typically out in front of the other lines of the military and in my role within corporate strategy, it’s important to be focusing further out on the horizon. 


I liked a number of the artifacts.  Here are some of my favorites. 









I reiterate that this is a fun, manageable stop in Ann Arbor.  It is so nicely situated in the city too, just down the street from the intersection of Liberty and State. 

Time in museum: 45 minutes walking around (2+ hrs including dinner)
Times visited: 2
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library