Cincinnati Art Museum

A few weeks ago, I did a girls afternoon at the Cincinnati Art Museum to see the Paris 1900: City of Entertainment.  

We had a delicious brunch at the cafe.  

The Paris exhibit does require tickets, but the tickets are just for the day.  They do not require a time.  I was able to use my annual pass for my ticket -- all included!

I really liked the exhibit.  It was in the back two rooms on the second floor.  The artifacts were grouped by themes and it was across a variety of mediums (if you will).  I liked seeing the jewelry and paintings and sculpture and clothes.  




Aren't these paintings beautiful?  It's really hard to believe that at the time they were considered so groundbreaking.  The use of light in these three paintings was really radiant, in particular the middle one.  I love the landscape, too.  The blue in that painting is very rich.  

Basically this photo is for my husband


I am going to try to go back to the exhibit at least one more time!  

Times visited: 10
Time in museum: 2.5 hrs
Overall: B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library