Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes

Our first day back in Buenos Aires, Jason and I went adventuring walking through town.  I wanted to check out the art museum.  We head to the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes.  

The museum has a variety of different art work with some of the greats, modern Argentinian art, and some special exhibits.  Admission was free, which was great, obviously, and especially, since about half of the museum is under construction.  

We quickly bopped into the museum.  I liked their usual exhibits -- they were generally fine.  Some of the signage was in English and I was surprisingly able to translate a decent amount of the Spanish to English.  Or at least, I think I was able to translate!

The most interesting part of the museum was the new exhibit, The Fatal Seduction - Erotic Imagery of the 19th Century.  I mean, hard to top that!  It has a few different sections of the exhibit.  One of the sections was on rape in art.  I wish I had been able to translate more of the description of that piece of the exhibit.  

We were surprised at how warm the museum was given how many old pieces of art are in the museum.  

Time in museum: 1 hr
Times visited: 1
Overall: B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library