Museum of Fine Arts

I spent a weekend in Boston which is where I am currently working.  I wanted to go to the Museum of Fine Arts since it is has paintings on my 1,001 paintings list.  

I arrived around 2:30 pm to a line outside of the museum to get in.  It took over a half hour.  The reason we were given is that there were a number of events for the Persian new year.  I find it hard to believe that there was a big event starting 2 hours prior to the close of the museum...so, if that is the case, the line was carry over from earlier in the day.  Once I got up to the cash register, they did not even have all of them up and running!

I saw the greatest hits.  They do have some beautiful art.  I did not understand though some of where they had queues. E.g. I wasn't allowed to get up close to these two paintings since they had some time capsule opening.  I don't understand why you would block off two of your top paintings.



I did think their Egyptian art was quite beautiful...


...as well as their Buddahist and Hindu art collections






Generally though -- quite difficult to overlook that it took 30 minutes to get into the museum.  It basically reduced my time in the museum by 33%.  I have had shorter lines at the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre.  I don't quite understand how that happens...

Time in museum: 1.5 hrs plus another 30+ minutes waiting in line
Times visited: 1
Overall: B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum