National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design

Our next to last stop of the day was the National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design.  This was a must stop on the list since I needed to see a few paintings for my list!

The museum (like all the others) accepted the Oslo card, so we were really going in and out quite quickly.  One piece I really liked about this museum -- the walls are color coated.  Each color of the four corresponds to a painting periods.  It made it really easy to quickly find the section of the museum we were looking for!

I really wanted to see the Edvard Munch paintings.  His paintings were just recently re-displayed at the museum.  I believe it has been loaned out while the museum was under construction.  It was loaned to el Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, so I was surprised when I was there in June to see quite a bit of The Scream in the gift shop.  Our main objective in the museum was to see this!



What a classic well-known painting!  I unfortunately did not get a picture of Dance of Life or Girls on a bridge.  

I was also really excited to see these other paintings.  Norwegian artists had a particular focus on nature and natural scenes.  I won't describe it in detail -- I actually took a picture of the description in the museum since I found it so interesting.  


I wish the museum had a print of this painting within the genre.  I found the scene so evokative of our trip to Norway.



Unfortunately, I do not think the picture captures the texture and colors in the sunset particularly well.  I also really liked this similar painting:



We really enjoyed our (brief) stop at the National Museum in Oslo!  

Time in museum: 20 minutes
Times visited: 1
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum