Louisiana State Museum - The Cabildo

While in New Orleans, we visited two of the state museums.  This is the one we went to second.  We went with my parents, my sister, her husband and their two children (four and two).  This museum focuses on the history of New Orleans.  

I will say overall, this museum was really beautiful.  I could imagine some awesome cocktail hours overlooking the square here!

This museum seemed a little more tired than the one that Jason and I had visited the day before with the exception of the second floor.  The second floor seemed to have been edited.  It was also more interactive and engaging than the other floors.  My niece and nephew definitely enjoyed it the most.  My nephew wished that the video on the pirates would "have more" aka was longer!  They also enjoyed playing the drum.  I really enjoyed the large painting on the second floor of a battle -- on the painting, it was highlighted which were the key elements to pay attention to throughout the painting.  I liked that it drew your attention to the most important elements of the painting.  I wish more paintings had this technique applied.  

I did learn quite a bit about the history of the New Orleans from this museum.

Times visited: 1
Times in museum: 45 minutes
Overall: B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library