Higashiyama Jisho-ji temple

The first stop on our Philosopher's Path was the Higashiyama Jisho-ji temple, which is also known as the Silver Pavilion, which is also known as Ginkakuji.  

Unfortunately, the Silver Pavilion never received its silver layer!  Later in this blog, I will have my write up on the Golden Pavilion!

We really enjoyed this shrine.  This was one of the first shrines that we went to where you dropped off my red seal book and I got a number.  I did not have to wait in line.  I wish all the shrines would do them like this!  



The Silver Pavilion
This temple had one of the first stone gardens that we saw for contemplation and reflection.




This template also had a little elevation heading up into the hills on the north side of Kyoto.  The view was beautiful.  



We hit some beautiful weather and sun!



We really enjoyed this temple as it was one of our first shinto shrines.  I would also recommend starting at this temple and then moving south on the Philosopher's path allowing you to start this visit with fresh legs!

Time in temple grounds: 1 hr
Times visited: 1
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library