Mozarteum

While we are in Salzburg, Jason and I went to both of the Mozarteums.  They are comprised of both Mozart's birth place and residence.  We ended up buying the joint ticket, but doing the museums on two separate days.

We went to the residence first.  I will say the first one put me to sleep.  Something about the structured music was extremely soothing for me!  The residence is on the north side of the river.  The birth place is on the south side of the river.

I learned a lot about his family and how his early talent was nurtured.  His father, Leopold Mozart, was a gifted musician and quickly identified it in his children.  Mozart often performed with his sister, Nannerl, who was extremely gifted in her own right.  

I often forgot how Mozart really had not been alive that long ago.  You could easily trace his travels through Europe to cities that we had often wanted to travel to ourselves!  At the same time, he traveled by carriage!  I could not even imagine!  

I cannot imagine going to Salzburg and NOT doing something related to Mozart.  That being said, Jason and I are struggling to identify something unique and special about it.

Time in museum: 2.5 hr
Times visited: 1
Overall: B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Vatican Museum