Verzetsmuseum

One of the mornings in Amsterdam, I met my dad at the Verzetsmuseum.  In English, the museum name translates to the Dutch Resistance Museum.  It felt like an appropriate activity for Rosh Hashanah.  

It was an interesting contrast to Norway's Resistance Museum.

It was one of those deceptive museums -- that looks like it is going to be really small and quick to go through.  This one quickly proved me wrong!  

It was very interactive and multimedia.  I believe it had recently been renovated and redone.  

It walks through what Amsterdam and by extension, the Netherlands experienced during WWII from May 1940 through the end of WWII.  It showed what the Netherlands was like leading up to the raise of Hitler in adjacent Germany.  

I found the museum really well laid out.  It had a number of objects and interactivity.  There were videos, first person narratives to listen or read, objects saved from that time period, and photographs.  

I did find it a little difficult at times to do the museum in the right order, which is the slight ding in the score.  

I think Amsterdam should be promoting this museum more than it does!

Times visited: 1
Time in museum: 1.5 hrs
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum