Pergamon Museum

I was in Germany for training almost a month ago.  I added a few extra days on coming in the weekend before.  I decided to check out Berlin!  One of my former bosses was from Berlin and highly recommended coming to the Pergamon.  I understand why!  What a cool museum!

It is on Museum Island, which is a concentration of a number of the museums within Berlin.  They had a group ticket, which was a great deal allowing you to get into most of the museums for a great price (particularly since I used my student ID)!

This museum has full size (or really large) monuments from ancient civilizations.  The scale was pretty fantastic.  I spent an hour in the museum, which seemed fairly on track with most other visitors.

I took some pictures of some of my favorites:







I mean -- check out how big the columns are -- that was actually a market.  Curious to see how much of it was real versus imitation.

My biggest complaint is that they would not take my backpack in the coat check; I needed to get a euro to use the locker.  I of course had not gotten euros yet and then when I did, I got 50s.  The closest ATM was 1km away.  

Definitely worth a visit!

Times visited: 1
Time in museum: 1 hr
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library