Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía

Get ready -- a lot more posts coming soon!  We just got back from a two week vacation in Spain, France, Italy.  

As soon as we woke up from our post-red eye nap, we headed to the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia.  The museum is now free on Sunday afternoons.  

I went the last time I was in Madrid, I saw the Guernica by Picasso.  I really wanted Jason to see it.  We spent most of our time in the permanent exhibits section.  He really liked it.  Unfortunately, it is a room that they don't allow pictures in.  We stood at a few different angles to view the painting.  You notice different elements of the room depending on where you view it.

Here are a few pictures of items that I found interesting:



This museum also quite a few Salvador Dali paintings as well.  




Even the second time through, I did struggle a bit with the thematic rooms.  The themes do not quite align to artistic styles and movements, but it did seem that influenced the room themes.  

Time in museum: 1.5 hrs
Times visited: 2
Overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Morgan Library