the frick collection

wednesday was my last “real” day in new york city. i left on Thursday morning bright and early. My parents were in town and wanted to check out the frick before leaving (they were just in town for about a day). I think my parents really enjoyed it. They loved the concept of the house turned into a museum as well as the art that he collected plus the acquisitions. my mother mentioned that if she had to recommend just one art museum for someone to visit in new york city, she would recommend the frick collection.

we saw the entire museum. we did miss the video since we got there soon before closing. i think my mother sums it up well, "the frick has a fantastic example of each classic artist and their quintessential piece of art." i am really happy that they moved the renoir mother and children to the oval room from the hallway. it now is framed and viewable from the garden which is quite beautiful. personally, i love the hans holbien the younger's sir thomas more.

times visited: 5
time spent in museum: a little over an hour
overall: A-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

lower east side tenement museum

Vatican Museum