British Museum

I wrapped up work conference on Friday afternoon and I met Jason at the British Museum.  As another classic museum in London, I wanted to make sure he saw this one as well.  

We saw all the classics.  It is an easy museum to navigate with the masterpieces clearly marked and laid out.  I love seeing the Rosetta Stone.  I find it incredible how purely based on that stone, we (well, not so much me, but others) were finally able to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics.  One, not so large piece of rock, was able to provide that clarity.  The British Museum has such large scale memorials.   

We also stopped and had a bit of "tea" aka two pieces of cake.  It was a delicious break.  We desperately needed a break and it was quite well suited.  While we were snacking, we actually ran into one of my bosses and his wife.  What a surprise!  


Jason found it a bit crowded, but really enjoyed everything he saw.  The impact of the monuments is so high!

Times visited: 3
Time in museum: 3 hrs
Overall: A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cincinnati Art Museum

Morgan Library

lower east side tenement museum